Cookbook Available Here

Please visit the publishers site to buy copies of my first published book: Food, Fun, Family and Friends - proven menus, recipes, shopping lists and preparation timelines for entertaining at home

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/bjjones

Video clip at:
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2593378.shtml?cat=11121

Thursday, December 22, 2011

made-up pasta for lunch

This sauce was the product of what was on hand.  While I was cooking a pound of short, tubular pasta I sauteed some onion, garlic, and prosciutto in olive oil in a large skillet.  Then I added a can of undrained, diced tomatoes and let it simmer to thicken.  I also added a touch of vodka.  At the end, as I was letting the pasta drain I added some cream and fresh basil to the sauce.  Then I stirred in the pasta to let it soak up some sauce for a moment.  Salt and pepper to taste and fresh grated Parmesan on top.  It was wonderful.  I think you could also throw in some fresh spinach to saute with the onion and garlic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment