Cookbook Available Here

Please visit the publishers site to buy copies of my first published book: Food, Fun, Family and Friends - proven menus, recipes, shopping lists and preparation timelines for entertaining at home

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/bjjones

Video clip at:
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2593378.shtml?cat=11121

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

chicken tostadas and refried beans

When I cook a big pot of pinto beans, I make refried beans with the leftovers.  I melt a bit of bacon fat, saute in some onion, garlic, and  a pinch of red chile.  Then I add in the whole beans and cooking liquid to simmer and reduce, while I mash up the beans with a potato masher.  When it is the right consistency I add in shredded cheese and some crema or sour cream.  For dinner one night I served the beans as a side dish to some chicken tostadas - topped with yummy items like avocado.  Breakfast the next morning is a fried corn tortilla, topped with refried beans and an egg.


No comments:

Post a Comment