Cookbook Available Here

Please visit the publishers site to buy copies of my first published book: Food, Fun, Family and Friends - proven menus, recipes, shopping lists and preparation timelines for entertaining at home

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/bjjones

Video clip at:
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2593378.shtml?cat=11121

Thursday, September 1, 2011

my so-called 'green thumb'

I don't have too much success with growing fruits and vegetables but I really love having fresh herbs available.  I find that my hearty rosemary and sage are always available, even in our harshest freezing winter weather.  Each year the mint, chives, oregano, and thyme resurface in the spring.  I have only had to replant basil and Italian parsley each year.  I use fresh herbs often in cooking and garnishing and I prefer to step out to the porch to cut what I need rather than having to buy and store them.  When the mint is plentiful (all summer long), I infuse a simple syrup with it.  This mint 'syrup' is a great base for refreshing drinks.  We recently discovered that rosemary-infused simply syrup is also terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment