Cookbook Available Here

Please visit the publishers site to buy copies of my first published book: Food, Fun, Family and Friends - proven menus, recipes, shopping lists and preparation timelines for entertaining at home

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/bjjones

Video clip at:
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2593378.shtml?cat=11121

Thursday, January 29, 2015

eggplant 'lasagna'

This is rich and delicious - I used a merguez kind of lamb sausage that my local butcher makes.  First I peeled and sliced an eggplant into 1/4" slices, coated with olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper and roasted the slices at 400 degrees until tender (about 12-15 minutes).  While the eggplant roasted I made my bechamel (white) sauce.

The casserole was 2 layers of:  bechamel, eggplant slices, grated Fontina cheese, sliced cooked lamb sausage.  Topped with more bechamel and grated Parmesan.

Baked at 400 degrees until hot throughout and browned on top (about 15 minutes), set a few moments before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment